Moving Home - how can I help?
Having moved house six times in the past fourteen years and bought three properties in the last five years, I have the experience to offer you much needed support at this busy and stressful time. Before the move, on the day of the move and once you've arrived at your new home I can guide and assist you through all the essential tasks.
No job is too big or too small, there is always a solution and someone who can help. If required I am very happy to get fully involved on the days of the move from collecting the keys, arranging a clean, meeting the removal men to providing meals and snacks.
I am based in North Yorkshire however many of my services are available nationwide as they can be performed remotely.
- Premove checklist & administration
- Bespoke timeline/diary of events
- Research removal services and storage facilities
Prepack preperation / declutter - advice & accountability
- POC for removal services, estate agents & solicitors
Research schools, childcare, gyms, doctors, dentists, vets, clubs, children's activities etc (shortlist of options with description, location, website links & contact details)
Set Up Broadband/phone lines/ TV
Change utility suppliers & council tax
Redirect mail & change addresses (extensive list including websitelinks & phone numbers)
Booking hotels, kennels etc, organising parking permits
- Room guide for removal men
- Research/contact decorators, cleaners, interior designers, gardeners etc
- Post move administration
If you are moving to or within North Yorkshire I offer additional services.
- Sort & declutter before the move (rehome unwanted items)
Packing personal items
- Collect the keys, take meter readings
- Meet tradespeople
- Measure furniture/rooms & suggest room layouts
- Receive deliveries at the new address
- Organise curtain hanging & cleaning
- Provide meals and essentials on move day
- Meet and guide the removal men
- Unpack and organise your belongings in your new home
- Organise a handyman to assemble furniture and hang curtain poles, mirrors, pictures etc
- Lock changing
My service is bespoke so that every client has the support to suit their needs and budget. After an inital call the first step is to complete a detailed questionnaire to gather all the information that I require to produce an action plan, including calendar of events/timeline. I will also provide you with a detailed checklist so that we can ensure nothing is missed. We will communicate regularly and I will send weekly updates and reminders so that you know what I have done and what you need to do and when.
We also use an online organiser and App so that everyone involved with the move can easily see what is on the To Do list and who is responsible.
Looking to relocate your business? I'm happy to discuss your requirements and would love to help.